What I’m about to say is partly for laughs, partly serious. I assume you’ll be able to tell what I mean, when I mean it!
In this post, I will be providing you with the low down on what it means to be a B.A.B and what it takes become one. I myself try to follow these guidelines as best as I can. They not only classify you as a B.A.B but they also help you practice what are considered to be honorable qualities in our society. They also help you become a more refined version of yourself.
Alas, I have put together a quick guide on the essentials of being a B.A.B.
Being a B.A.B is not just an attitude, it’s a lifestyle. To become a B.A.B, you will need to practice 3 fundamental things:
1. A “no bullsh*t/zero tolerance attitude.” (be careful to not cross the line with being a bitch though)
2. A “kill them with kindness” motive.
3. A classy and graceful demeanor. You also know what you want and you don’t care what people think about it/you. A triple threat right there.
21st birthday present from the roomie. Perfect morning inspiration mug
Of course, these are just the basics, but you gotta start somewhere, right? These are the tools you will need to start this transformation. How often you practice them will determine your true B.A.B status. Let’s get down and dirty:
1) Having a “no bullshit/zero tolerance attitude” does not necessarily translate into you being a bitchy, mean person. It’s actually encouraged to refrain from doing so (see #3). It simply means that you will not put up with people’s BS, their fake-nice attitude, and you will most certainly not engage in backstabbing activities with these type of people. Hence the saying “a person who talks about people to you, will talk to those same people ABOUT you”?
Yes. So please remove yourself from these situations and refrain from digging yourself into a hole you can’t get out of. There is obviously a difference between friendly banter with your friends and poking fun at each other. I’m talking nasty and grimy gossip, back stabbing, rumor spreading, shit talking type of people. That has got to go.
2) A “Kill them with Kindness” motive is also related to #1. Actually, they’re all related to each other. This mostly plays with how you handle certain situations and certain types of people. Dealing with confrontations in a civil way is of utmost importance. Whether it be in the workplace, college, school, or home. If you come across people who behave towards you in a negative manner, retaliating and stooping down to their level will make you look bad in the long run. A B.A.B should always behave in a civil manner, even if the feels are not reciprocated. That’s actually when you become stronger. You become in full control of yourself and you truly embody a Boss Ass Bitch. At that point, give yourself a round of applause, a pat on the back, and get yourself a drink. Being nice to nasty people is easier said than done. Your “haters” are the ones who you should be the nicest to even though you’d rather be socking them in the face. Don’t forget to maintain a balance and not turn this into being fake and pretentious. Just be a civil, genuine you. People will be like “damn that’s a nice ass, genuine person. What a boss ass bitch.”
3) Be classy. Always. Being classy and handling things with grace is what ties everything together with a bow AND puts the cherry on top of being a B.A.B. Having respect for yourself will almost demand respect from people around you. But you probably already know that. You gotta have your own style, know what you want, and how to get it. And even if you don’t know what you want; own it. Fake it till you make it. Pretend like you have it in order to get it, that’s what a true B.A.B will do. Now I’m not telling you to pretend you’re rich because that’s whats going to make you rich; I mean you have to exude a type of confidence that pertains to your personality. What I’m trying to say is, having class can go a long way.
As you can see above, all these rules require a balance. Too much of something can go against you.
“Good things happen to people who hustle” and B.A.B are definitely hustlers. Classy Hustlers.
With that being said, these are the tools you will need that will get you on your way to becoming a Boss Ass Bitch. Other things might include; being independent (emotionally and/or financially), hard-working, and humble. These things will come naturally as you start practicing the 3 rules I mentioned above.
Combine the 3 rules, add on your personality, flare, and style and congratulate yourself. You’ve become an elite member of the Boss Ass Bitch community.
Questions?Comments? Share below!